Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mondi Paper Pickup

On the weekend, I found a website for Mondi Paper Pickup. On the site they said that each suburb, in each province, has a paper pick-up day so I mailed them asking them to please drop off some Mondi bags for me. Nobody responded and, thinking I wasn't going to hear from them, I took my paper to a recycling drop off site on Sunday. (those in jhb east, there's a drop off site in 5th street, Bez valley. Just don't go alone!!!) Mondi come to my area on tuesdays to pick up, according to the website and, with a million other things going on, it was gone from my mind by Monday!

While sitting at my desk today, I heard a hooter and a truck pulling off and when I looked out my door, there were my two, biodegradable, mondi bags!! I'm so impressed with their efficiency and now, next Tuesday I can put my bag out for it to be collected by them. They simply empty my bag of the paper and throw it back over my gate! Recycling paper has never been so easy. I urge you to email them. It's available in all provinces and costs you absolutely nothing. It's such a simple way to contribute to helping our environment. Incidentally you can throw in cardboard, magazines and newspapers so any containers made of cardboard can go too, like five roses tea boxes! Visit this website and mail them, please. You will be making a difference without any effort.

http://www.paperpickup.co.za/default2.asp

Thanks for keeping it green!
Love
Melanie

1 comment:

Alain Tison said...

Great stuff and I will be tabling this at the next meeting of our residents' association in ou complex.